Overland Park's stormwater cost share program encourages residents and business owners to incorporate stormwater management best-practices on their properties in order to improve water quality. The program is intended to help cover the cost of material and/or contractor labor to install such projects.
Funding is available to applicants on a first come, first serve basis and is subject to the approval of the Public Works Department. Funding will not be allowed for projects that are required to meet Chapter 16.210 of the Overland Park Municipal Code.
Program Applicant Conditions
1. The applicant must seek approval by the Program Manager before beginning the project. The applicant shall be responsible for all project costs. The City of Overland Park will provide cost-share after the costs have been incurred. After submitting all final costs and receipts, the City of Overland Park will reimburse the applicant per final approval.
2. The project must be completed before October 31, 2021.
3. The City of Overland Park will require access to your property for evaluation of the application, prior to the start of construction, during construction, and during the final inspection of the project.
4. Implementation of an approved project is the sole responsibility of the property owner. The City of Overland Park is not liable for personal injury or property damage resulting from said work.
5. Projects approved for funding carry no implied warranty by the City of Overland Park.
6. The funded project shall be maintained for a minimum period of three years. All maintenance costs are the responsibility of the property owner. Periodic inspections of the approved project(s) will occur during the three year maintenance period.
7. The applicant is responsible for obtaining all applicable permits. This application approval does not constitute a permit. This includes notifying Kansas One Call before digging.
Complete the application. Attach a map, project summary, and project schedule. Include cost estimates or quotes. After you have submitted the application, contact program coordinator Ian Fannin-Hughes at 913-895-6172 or email@example.com
to schedule an initial inspection of your project.
There are 13 questions in this survey.