Utility Locate Request Form

The Public Works Department performs cable locates for the city's traffic signals and streetlights to prevent damage to wiring and fiber optic cables during digging or excavation.

Anyone digging in the public right-of-way must contact the local utilities and owners of underground conduits, pipes and cable at least 48 hours prior to work commencing.

The city of Overland Park does not participate in the Kansas One-Call system. After completing a One-Call request, submit a request for cable locates to our Maintenance Division using the form below or by calling 913-327-6600 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.