CITY OF OVERLAND PARK - POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB SUMMARY STATEMENT: Assists the Farmers' Market Manager and Farmers' Market Coordinator with the on-site
management and daily operation of the Farmers' Market on market days. Expected to maintain a comprehensive
knowledge of all vendors, staff, DOP businesses and city policy. Indirectly reports to Senior Market Farmers' Attendants.
Assists with the on-site operation of the Double Up Food Buck program. Enforces city policies and procedures and rules
and regulations for vendors and the public. Aids in customer service and vendor relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists with on-site market management and operational support each market day
â- Sets up and takes down traffic barricades, cones and market signage.
â- Assists with the operation of the token program. Reconciles transactions at end of the market.
â- Answers basic market questions from customers and vendors. Handles emergencies, complaints and
â- Help to ensures that all facilities, equipment and utilities are in working order.
â- Ensures market operates in compliance with federal, state and local health rules and regulations.
2. Assists with enforcing the rules and guidelines for vendors and public
3. Helps with any onsite marketing and/or special events activities.
4. Performs light custodial duties, sweeping, mopping, picking-up trash, etc.
5. The employee must work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be
available (especially during regular business hours or shifts) to communicate with supervisors, customers, vendors
and any other persons or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and employer goals.
6. The employee must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited
to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work
breaks, where applicable.
EDUCATION & SPECIAL LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATIONS:
â- High school diploma and/or equivalent preferred.
â- One year working in a fast paced, customer service environment.
1. Attention to detail
2. Basic mathematical and accounting skills
3. Leadership skills
5. Organizational skills
6. Project management skills
7. Good oral and written communication skills
8. Problem solving skills
9. Interpersonal and customer service skills
1. Ability to access situation and make recommendations
2. Diplomacy and judgment
3. Ability to recognize and protect confidential information
4. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
5. Ability to read and comprehend federal, state, and local policies and regulations
6. Ability to carry out assignments through oral and written instructions
7. Ability to work independently
8. Ability to work in a hectic environment with many interruptions
9. Ability to learn and understand the emergency action plans for the Farmer's Market
10. Ability to use imagination and creativity in developing ideas for the Market Info Booth
11. Ability to resolve conflicts
1. Ability to reach, stand, crawl, bend, stoop, climb, push, and pull
2. Ability to make and receive phone calls
3. Ability to identify and distinguish colors
4. Ability to distinguish smells
5. Hand and eye coordination adequate to input computer
6. Exposure to extreme temperatures
7. Exposure to loud noises
8. Frequent standing and walking for prolonged periods
9. Ability to work in inclement weather
10. Ability to lift 30 pounds and transport 20 feet
11. Ability to push/pull up to 30 pounds
SEE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (Direct & Indirect):
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of
all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.