CITY OF OVERLAND PARK - POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB SUMMARY STATEMENT: The Maintenance Attendant position consists of performing general maintenance of the Farmstead. Performs a wide variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks related to
maintenance and repair of the recreation facility and grounds. Must be familiar with general construction and building skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates and performs repairs and preventive maintenance of buildings, fences and grounds.
2. Maintains outdoor structures such as fences, irrigation systems, windmill, benches, swings, playground equipment and walkways.
3. Utilizes equipment such as mowers, string trimmers, chain saws, power hand tools, tractor, front end loader, skid steer loader, trucks and backhoe to clean and renovate grounds.
4. Helps maintain compliance with building codes and safety regulations, and maintains a child-safe facility.
5. Performs snow removal as required.
6. Performs other duties as required.
7. The employee must work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be available (especially during regular business hours or shifts) to communicate
subordinates, supervisors customers, vendors and any other persons or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and employers goals.
8. The employee must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on
time; and scheduled work breaks, where applicable. Working one weekend day may be required during the operating season, April 1 to Oct. 31.
EDUCATION & SPECIAL LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATIONS:
â- Basic High school education or equivalent.
â- Possession of an appropriate, valid driver's license.
â- Must maintain an insurable driving record.
â- Ability to obtain a valid commercial driver's license within six months of employment.
â- Experience in maintaining buildings and grounds; including general construction, remodeling, electrical, plumbing, fencing, irrigation systems and masonry.
â- Basic carpentry, electrical repairs, installation, concrete and plumbing.
â- Attention to detail.
â- Basic mathematical skills.
â- Public Speaking/presentation skills.
â- Time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
â- Written and oral communication skills.
â- Ability to meet deadlines.
â- Ability to carry out assignments through oral and written instructions.
â- Ability to work independently.
â- Alpha and numeric recognition.
â- Ability to work on several projects at one time.
â- Ability to learn new materials and systems.
â- Ability to work under distracting conditions.
â- Ability to use judgment, tact and diplomacy when dealing with co-workers, other city employees and outside contractors.
â- Ability to reach, stand, bend, stoop, climb, push, and pull.
â- Ability to make and receive phone calls.
â- Ability to distinguish smells.
â- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
â- Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions.
â- Exposure to noisy conditions.
â- Exposure to fumes, dust and smoke.
â- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
â- Ability to operate city cars, trucks and golf carts.
â- Ability to use various hand tools and power equipment.
â- Ability to operate tractors and skid steer loader.
â- Ability to visually inspect work sites and facilities.
â- Excessive standing and/or walking.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (Direct & Indirect):
Supervise volunteers from time to time. (Direct)
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required to employees assigned to this job.