CITY OF OVERLAND PARK - POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB SUMMARY STATEMENT: Assists Leisure Services full-time staff in the administration of programs and services. Assists in the supervision of the community center operations, athletic leagues, and events. Assists in the training of Rec Leaders I and volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises the community center operation and assists patrons using the center. Sets up rooms for meetings, issues and checks in equipment to building patrons.
Assists in the supervision of athletic leagues. Keeps score and time during various events.
Assists in the supervision of events sponsored by Leisure Services for the general public. Monitors and assists in traffic and crowd control. Assists in setting up and tearing down event's equipment.
Assists in the training of Recreation Leader I and volunteers. Demonstrates proper procedures, use of equipment and customer relations skills.
The employee must work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be available (especially during regular business hours or shifts) to communicate with subordinates, supervisors, customers, vendors and any other persons or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and employer goals.
The employee must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks, where applicable.
The above duties and responsibilities includes those tasks, physical and mental requirements, visual requirements, unique physical surroundings and mental/cognitive requirements listed in the Position Description Questionnaire and Task Analysis Worksheet.
EDUCATION & SPECIAL LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATIONS:
Basic education or additional equivalent experience.
Two years experience in public contact working environment, or an equivalent level of experience.
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Manual dexterity.
1. Ability to read and comprehend City policies and procedures.
2. Ability to work independently.
3. Ability to exhibit diplomacy and judgement.
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
5. Ability to adapt to changing environment.
6. Ability to train and guide others.
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds and transport 20 feet.
2. Mobility to travel and tour City facilities, indoors and outdoors.
3. Ability to communicate to facility patrons in a professional manner.
4. Ability to sit, bend, push, pull, stand, walk for extended periods of time.
5. Ability to operate small hand or power tools.
6. Ability to operate City vehicles and equipment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (Direct & Indirect):
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.